Healthy Brownie Bites
Who doesn’t love a good tasting, soft, and chewy brownie? I know I do! These Healthy Brownie Bites are filled with chocolate flavour, and boy are they ever tasty, you’re gonna forget instantly the goodness that they are filled with. I have a feeling you’re gonna skip the rest of my little writing spile just to get to the recipe so you can see what could possibly make a brownie healthy. It’s ok go ahead I would. If I were a cat curiosity would have defiantly used up a great deal of my nine lives.
Don’t forget to grab a tall glass of cold milk with this treat, it will wash them down nicely, and you will feel perfectly complete, by the end of your little snack time.
I originally came across this recipe on a search for healthy chocolate treats because I really am crazy about chocolate. It’s an addiction that I love, and hate at times, but mainly love. So for my own health, and self-care about my waistline, I often go through different experiments too finding, and creating healthier desserts for myself, and to share with others as well. I think this time I accomplished a winning recipe that you are gonna love.
Recipe Adapted from Whole Living
Healthy Brownie Bites
Recipe type: Brownies
Serves: 38 brownies
- ½ cup organic whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large sweet potato (cooked and pureed)
- ¾ cup organic sugar
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 2-1/2 tbsp. egg whites
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F, line baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside
- Wash and dry sweet potato, you can either wrap the sweet potato leaving the skin on, with a few wet paper towels and cook it in the microwave for about 8-10 minutes until tender enough to pierce with a fork or, you can peel the sweet potato, cut it into cubes, and place in a baking dish in the oven, toss with a tiny amount of butter to keep it from sticking, and bake at 350F for about 20-25 minutes till tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- Once sweet potato is down, which ever method you choose to do, allow it to cool for 10 minutes then puree it till its creamy and smooth, set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, sea salt, and baking powder, whisk to blend and set aside
- In a bowl combine applesauce, and cocoa powder, stir till everything is well mixed, add in egg whites, pureed sweet potato, and sugar blend till smooth, then add in nutmeg.
- Combine the chocolate sweet potato mixture with the flour blend, stir till there are no lumps, add in vanilla and give it one more good stir.
- Scoop the batter in equal amounts onto a baking sheet. I used cookie scooper, its about a teaspoon and a half.
- Place your baking trays in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, till centres come out clean, remove from oven and allow to cool. If you are not using a convection oven than you will have to rotate the trays mid way thru to ensure even baking.